Monday, January 7, 2008

My thoughts on Obama winning Iowa

Many of my fellow Republicans are now gloating at Hillary's loss in Iowa.  Hillary finished 3rd, after Obama and Edwards.  But for those of my fellow Republicans who are happy to see Hillary defeated in the Democratic Primaries I have this to say: consider President Obama or President Edwards.  As bad as Hillary is, all of her Democratic opponents are much worse, every single one of them.  Hillary Clinton is an embodiment of all the worst characteristics of a politician.  She is ruthless and unprincipled, and her only motivation in life is the hunger for power.  But if I were voting in the Democratic Primary, I would have voted for her.  Why?  Because she is the sanest of them all.  Because of her hunger for power she can at least be controlled by public opinion, Congress etc.  It is pretty sad that one of the major political parties in this country can do no better than Hillary Clinton.  But that is the reality we live in.  I do not think she would the easiest to defeat in the General Election.  In fact, I think she might be the hardest to defeat.  But as much as I hope that Republican Party will hold on to the White House, I have to consider the possibility that the Democrats might win.  And in that case I would much rather prefer to have a ruthless and unprincipled power-hungry politician as President than a naive appeaser or someone who just ponders to everybody in the world.


Oh, and one more thing.  Despite sharing many of Ron Paul's libertarian views, if I am given a choice between Ron Paul and Hillary Clinton, I would vote for Hillary Clinton.  You see, I cannot vote for anyone who would appease Islamo-Fascists, whether on the Left or on the Right.


Powered by Qumana


No comments: