Monday, February 18, 2008

Chronic Warrior Syndrome

This is a title of the article by Russ Vaughn posted both on American Thinker and Old War Dogs:



Chronic Warrior Syndrome


Russ Vaughn
One of the things I've come to love about writing for the Internet is the new friends I make whose perception sometimes make me smack my forehead in wonder that in all my years some insight they easily offer up had so completely eluded me until now. One such is a jarhead, and believe me, as an old paratrooper, I use that term with respect and brotherly affection. Old Leatherneck, Troy Watson, introduced me to the concept of Chronic Marine Syndrome, which as best I can determine is the inspiration of retired Marine Corps Brigadier General, Mike Mulqueen.

Reading the list of symptoms associated with Chronic Marine Syndrome, I realized quickly that the New York Times and other mainstream media organizations have been right all along that those who serve their country, and especially those who have actually fought in their country's service have most likely developed a syndrome which, considering the moral fiber of the mainstream media and the nation of sheep they seek to form and lead, could accurately be categorized by them as pathological.

Russ also wrote in his e-mail to me that he would like to have a requirement of at least 3 years military service as an admission requirement for all the journalism schools in the country.  That seems like a good idea to me, at least for those who cover the military and foreign affairs.  So, do read the whole thing, either here or here.  Enjoy!  And while you are at it, be sure to visit this fine site: http://www.e27marines-1stmardiv.org/.


Powered by Qumana


No comments: